Creative Youth Fair
This free event exhibits paintings, drawings, and sculptures created by the youth of Darien and the surrounding areas.
Date: Sunday, February 24, 2019
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Location: Cass Jr High, 8502 Bailey Road, Darien
Darien area youth age 4 years old through 12th grade are eligible to enter.
A special award will be presented to the overall winner in each division as well as in the Photography/Computer Generated media.
- Division winners will be notified.
- Division winners and selected entrants will be displayed at the Indian Prairie Library during the month of March.
Division I: 4 yrs to Kindergarten
Division II: 1st to 2nd Grades
Division III: 3rd to 4th Grades
Division IV: 5th to 6th Grades
Division V: 7th to 8th Grades
Division VI: High School
- Student may enter up to two (2) artworks.
- All artwork must be the original work of the artist. No tracing, paint by numbers, or kits will be accepted.
- PRESENTATION: Art entries must be mounted on construction paper, matted or framed (without glass). Paintings and drawings cannot be larger than 24”x36” INCLUDING mount, matte or frame
- Each piece of artwork must have the entry label affixed to the FRONT.
- The BACK of each item must be labeled with the exhibitor’s name and phone number.
- Artwork in frames with glass will NOT be accepted.
- Sculptures must be no larger than 18”x18”x20”.
- No mobiles will be accepted.
- JUDGING: An independent panel of judges will evaluate each piece. A point system will be used to evaluate originality, design, use of color and shading, line and texture, and workmanship.
- LIABILITY: Darien Woman’s Club (DWC) takes no responsibility for lost/damaged registration forms or artwork.
- Art entries are limited to 650 on a first-come-first- served basis.
- DISCLAIMER: The Darien Woman’s Club reserves the right to photograph any or all works submitted for publicity purposes.
Prizes and awards will be presented at 3:15 pm the day of event.
Registration will open in November / December 2018.