Creative Youth Art Fair
This free event exhibits paintings, drawings, and sculptures created by the youth of Darien and the surrounding areas.
From the Bottom of Our Hearts
Thank you to all the participants, families and community members for joining us as we celebrated our 40th year hosting the Creative Youth Art Fair. This event wouldn’t be possible without all the support we received from you. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!
Special thanks to Cass Jr High for the use of their facilities and support staff. To the judges for their time and expertise and for the excellent performance by the members of the Downers Grove South High Jazz Band; Nathan Wiechec, Luke Schwab, Bri Backman, Tony Raso.
Thank you to the many students who graciously allowed our club to exhibit their artwork at the Indian Prairie Public Library. Due to the constraints of the Pandemic, the artwork hung in the library until June when we were able to retrieve it.
If you have not been contacted by our many efforts to reach each student to coordinate the pick up of your art, please send an email to:
We hope you had a wonderful experience at the Art Fair.
Congratulations 2020 Division Winners
Division I: Izabella Zabrowski, Mark DeLay
Division II: Neila Vytartas, Elizabeth Ide
Division III: Nela Machyniale, Lace Elementary
Division IV: Lacy Old, Eisenhower Junior High
Division V: Amy Chen, Westview Hills Junior High
Division VI: Madelyn Baur, Hinsdale South High School
Photography / Computer Generated: Carolina Ortiz, Hinsdale South High School
Photos of the 2020 Creative Youth Art Fair
Date: Sunday, February 23, 2020
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Location: Cass Jr High, 8502 Bailey Rd, Darien
Darien area youth age 4 years old through 12th grade are eligible to enter.
A special award will be presented to the overall winner in each division as well as in the Photography/Computer Generated media.
- Division winners will be notified.
- Division winners and selected entrants will be displayed at the Indian Prairie Library during the month of March.
Division I: 4 yrs to Kindergarten
Division II: 1st to 2nd Grades
Division III: 3rd to 4th Grades
Division IV: 5th to 6th Grades
Division V: 7th to 8th Grades
Division VI: High School
Media A: All Drawings, Painting and Mixed Media
Media B: Sculpture (Freestanding, 18x18x20 in. max)
Media C: Photography & Computer Generated
- Student may enter up to two (2) artworks.
- All artwork must be the original work of the artist. No tracing, paint by numbers, or kits will be accepted.
- PRESENTATION: Art entries must be mounted on construction paper, matted or framed (without glass). Paintings and drawings cannot be larger than 24”x36” INCLUDING mount, matte or frame
- Each piece of artwork must have the entry label affixed to the FRONT.
- The BACK of each item must be labeled with the exhibitor’s name and phone number.
- Artwork in frames with glass will NOT be accepted.
- Sculptures must be no larger than 18”x18”x20”.
- No mobiles will be accepted.
- JUDGING: An independent panel of judges will evaluate each piece. A point system will be used to evaluate originality, design, use of color and shading, line and texture, and workmanship.
- LIABILITY: Darien Woman’s Club (DWC) takes no responsibility for lost/damaged registration forms or artwork.
- Art entries are limited to 650 on a first-come-first- served basis.
- DISCLAIMER: The Darien Woman’s Club reserves the right to photograph any or all works submitted for publicity purposes.
Prizes and awards will be presented at 3:15 pm the day of event.